Say Happy 100th Birthday to the National Park Service with Sixt
On August 25, 2016, the National Park Service turns 100 and Sixt wants to help you join the celebration of this important centennial. Our national parks are invaluable for their efforts towards preserving treasured ecosystems and special places around the country. They are also a precious resource for their open invitation to learn, explore, and get inspired by history and the natural world. This summer plan a getaway to any of the over 400 national parks and help mark this historic occasion. No matter where you are or where you are heading you can find a national park offering an incredible range of activities, special opportunities, and amazing landscapes.
Find Your Park, Plan Your Trip and Share the Experience
To help everyone celebrate the past and future of our national parks the National Park Foundation and the National Park Service have initiated the Find Your Park movement. On their website you can find about exciting events and experiences, plan your trip and read featured stories. Additionally, you can share or search for photos and more on the #FindYourPark social media handle. Already an affordable option for a family vacation or outing with friends, all National Park sites that normally charge an entrance fee will offer free admission to all on August 25th-28th, 2016, in honor of its 100 birthday.
Explore the Sites of the National Park Service with Sixt
With our premium vehicles and attractive rates you can take the wheel and take off on an adventure to any national park you wish. Whether you decide to rent a minivan for a group excursion or wanting an SUV rental for a reliable side-kick, our extensive fleet can help you make your plans possible. We also offer a range of extras so you can make sure you have all you need for the perfect journey. Customize the drive and include add-ons like a child seat, unlimited mileage, insurance protections, and additional driver coverage among other options. We gladly rent to drivers under 25 and have flexible time period rentals so you can head out on a day trip or hit up multiple parks with a weekly or monthly car rental. Check out our regularly offered car rental deals and continue your journey from one of our convenient city or airport rent a car branches found across the continental US.
Choose Your Own Adventure with a Car Rental from Sixt
With such a large diverse variety of National Park Service sites to choose from you can plan all kinds of trips and travel. From the historic to the awe-inspiring, you have the chance for all sorts of adventures on land or water. Here are some suggested destinations:
- Rent a car in Phoenix and visit Saguaro National Park or drive out to the Grand Canyon.
- With a car rental in San Francisco you can reach Yosemite National Park while from Los Angeles you can easily reach Joshua Tree.
- A rental car in Seattle takes you to Olympic National Park or you can make the trip to San Juan Island National Historical Park.
- A rent a car in Miami brings you to the Everglades or you can take a road trip down to the Florida Keys and Biscayne National Park.
- Car rental in New Jersey or Philadelphia brings you to iconic sites of American history and the American Revolution like Valley Forge or the First State National Historical Park.
- With a Myrtle Beach car rental you can head to historic places like Fort Sumter or Fort Frederica National Monuments or explore the fascinating Gullah/Geechee Cultural Heritage Corridor.
- Rent a car in Dallas and take a road trip down to Big Bend National Park or the Rio Grande River.
- Detroit car rental puts you within reach of Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore or the Indiana Dunes.
- A Las Vegas rent a car allows you to spend time in Death Valley or travel to Arches National Park.
Celebrate the Nation Park Service’s 100 years of community engagement, conservation, and historic preservation with Sixt rent a car!