Our team at Sixt is happy to help you plan your fun for your Cinco de Mayo weekend! We have some ideas we think you may like when you’re looking for things to do on this historical holiday. Make your long weekend memorable with a rental from Sixt!
Fantastic Findings for Cinco de Mayo
- Did you know that Cinco de Mayo celebrates the victory of the Mexican Army over the French in 1862? Learn some Mexican history by visiting historical landmarks throughout popular areas of Hispanic influenced cities and towns! Stroll through L.A. or Miami in a sweet ride from Sixt and see that Mexican culture is the foundation for the melting pots that America is proud to call its biggest coastal cities.
- Taste some traditional Mexican food in your area! Food trucks and street stands are a popular finding in Miami and L.A. area with real Mexican cuisine like Mexican Flan, Salsa Verde, and Guacamole or Tex-Mex such as Burritos and Crunchy Chicken Tacos.
- Grab your sombreros and board shorts and head to the beach! May is a beautiful time to be traveling along the coast and you can enjoy the sun cruising down the road in your Sixt convertible.
- Dance to Mexican Music in your favorite Mexican wear or go and see traditional dances like the Jarabe or Ballet Folklórico. Simply make a trip with your friends or family!
- Take a road trip to Yosemite National Park for beautiful sights and scenes, head to Las Vegas for fun and entertainment, or head to the Everglades to see the alligators roam the wild.
Sixt Car Rental Deals for Cinco de Mayo
Rent a car for Cinco de Mayo for up to 50% off when renting for 5 days or more! Book one of our premium, hand selected vehicles at any of our branches through the U.S. We have a deal for everyone with a wide variety of choices and options that fit your budget! Have a sweet Cinco de Mayo and Viva México!