FT. LAUDERDALE, Fla., Aug. 12, 2014 — Sixt SE and its U.S. Franchise Unit (Sixt Franchise USA LLC) announce the signing of a franchise agreement with Walser Automotive Group. Walser will open a Sixt rent a car franchise to service Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, as well as open additional Sixt franchise locations in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area.
“Sixt is thrilled to have Walser join the Sixt franchise system. Walser has consistently strived to revolutionize the customer experience they provide in all facets of their business, and is a progressive dealer group with a strong presence in Minnesota for over fifty years. This provides a solid foundation for expansion of the Sixt franchise network into the state,” commented Craig Olson, Executive Vice President of North America Franchise Development for Sixt. “Large dealership groups like Walser are a great fit for the Sixt franchise system, as their core strengths can be leveraged to maximize the potential of the car rental business.”
“We believe that incorporating Sixt’s premium car rental model into our existing portfolio of businesses will be of great benefit to our operations,” commented Paul Walser, CEO of Walser Automotive Group. “Expanding our business into the airport and downtown car rental market is a priority for us and it’s great to be part of a fast-growing franchise system like Sixt. We look forward to growing our network of Sixt locations as the Sixt network expands throughout the US.”
This classic move is as important to know when driving as how to tie your laces. If you go a bit too far down the road and realize you need to double back, what’s the best way to turn around quickly? If there are no side streets or driveways in the vicinity, the best answer is the three point turn.
- Pull over to the right side of the road, signaling your move to the drivers behind you, and making sure there is enough space for them to still get by.
- Stop your Sixt rental car and make sure that there are no more cars on either side of the road, or will not arrive in less than 20 seconds.
- Turn on your left hand signal and turn the steering wheel all the way to the left.
- Drive forward until the front of your car is lined up close to the curb or a parked car on the other side of the road, but don’t touch!
- Put on your right hand signal, switch into reverse and turn the wheel all the way to the right, making sure that there are no other cars that have come up behind you, trying to get by.
- Back up until your car is fully, or mostly (depending on space restrictions or vehicles waiting) straightened out.
- Put your car back into Drive and proceed with your Sixt rental car to your next destination!
What To Do in Las Vegas: Beyond the Strip
You all know Las Vegas. Even if you’ve never been there the city’s reputation precedes it. Casinos, fancy cars, expensive clothes, wild pool parties, and whirlwind marriages. As the saying goes, “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.” But, what about the rest of Last Vegas, beyond the Strip? Las Vegas is a city, after all, where people live, work, and raise their children. The Vegas that you don’t see is very much there, and there’s much more to this city than the enticing Strip. So, whether you’ve been here before and want to discover more of Las Vegas away from the Strip, or are visiting and would like to see what else the city has to offer, Las Vegas doesn’t disappoint. If you want to explore the city and the surrounding areas, the best way to do it is to rent a car in Las Vegas with Sixt to easily see all the sights.
Sixt Spain is very proud to announce the arrival of 3 brand new BMW i3 electric cars!
The BMW i3 will be rented out within the category ILAE and is currently only available in Mallorca.
Customers can drive up to 150km with one battery load and can charge the battery using either a normal household plug (takes up to 8 hours) or a special charging point for electric cars (takes up to 3 to 4 hours depending on the type of plug).
Read all about: BMW i3 now available in Mallorca
Sixt Rent a Car is on the Kiosks in LAX
Sixt is excited about the opening our newest location inside the Los Angeles Airport and we have started letting people know inside the airport that Sixt is here as well. You will be able to see Sixt rent a car on the kiosks inside the airport. Here are some of the photos which you will be able to see from Sixt.
Am I required to take the insurance?
When you rent a car with Sixt you have a range of insurance coverage plans for rental car that will allow you to breathe easy during your travels.
Sixt has a basic insurance policy that comes with each rented vehicle. All Sixt rental cars come with Third Party Liability, which covers bodily injury and property damage, in accordance with the legal requirements of the country of rental.
However, Sixt highly recommends that you put additional insurance on your rental car to save you the worry. You have some options to choose from including the Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) and the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW).
- The LDW insurance will give you coverage in case of damage or theft of the rental car. If you are able to provide Sixt with the keys and the situation was not the fault of recklessness on behalf of the driver, Sixt will waive your responsibility. In some cases this insurance is included automatically.
- The CDW insurance further reduces the driver’s liability should any damages be incurred on the vehicle. Other insurance options include the Tire and Glass Waiver, which is not included in other insurance plans and covers any damages to the tires or glass on the vehicle.
Sixt is excited to be taking part of the GBTA in Los Angeles
You will be able to find Sixt at booth number 1157 at GBTA Los Angeles.. It will be hard to miss Sixt at this event with several advertisements on display
- A show car in the entrance hall, a luxury Corvette
- An eye-catching electric BMW i3 series
- Other Advertisements located throughout the event
Here are a few photos from the event.
Clam Chowder anyone?
When you travel abroad you will often be asked (especially in countries with illustrious cuisines) if there are any typical dishes from the US. Usually this question is posed a little haughtily, and usually you find yourself mentally sorting through an array of hamburgers, calorie drenched, deep-fried [insert food], or mac and cheese variants to try and find a legitimate, non-stereotypically American dish.
In fact, a traditional American cuisine does exist, and not all of it will make your cholesterol skyrocket just thinking about it. Just like the makeup of America itself, the food has been shaped by influences from immigrant cultures, making for some interesting culinary combinations to excite your taste buds. Depending on the town, city, state, or even region, the same dish might be made in different ways, sometimes even leading to bitter rivalries, such as in 1939 when Maine introduced a bill that would make it illegal to put tomatoes in clam chowder.
But, let’s get back to the food. In this chapter we’re all about Clam Chowder. It turns out, there are quite a few types of chowder to be found up and down the East Coast, and each type has its own recipe and history.
Lotus Elise S CR Rentals in Switzerland with Sixt rent a car
Sixt in Switzerland comes up with a new special car for their customers. Their two brand new Lotus Elise S CR are waiting to be released to the roads.
- The orange and toxic green runabouts have 220 PS, only need 4,6 seconds to get from 0 to 100 km/h and have a maximum speed of 234 km/h.
You can rent a Lotus Elise S CR Today in Geneva and Zurich. So if you are looking to rent a sports convertible car, look no further and contact Sixt today!
One-way rental from Los Angeles (LAX) to Seattle
Taking a road-trip is a fundamental to truly experiencing the United States. The immensity of this country, with its spectacular diverse natural beauty from geological formations to coastlines, makes driving from one sparkling city to another an unforgettable journey. Whether you are traveling for pleasure whilst visiting the west coast, or are planning to relocate up north to Seattle, Sixt has a car rental solution for you. You can simply rent a car from a Sixt office in Los Angeles and drive it all the way up to Seattle, leaving it at the Sixt Seattle office, without having to arrange for it to be sent back. If you are flying into Las Angeles and need a rent a car at the Airport to drive to Seattle then Sixt is your car rental company for this one way road trip!
Driving up the west coast is truly an unbeatable experience. Start your trip out from the City of Angels and head up the coast on the scenic route 1. There’s nothing quite like driving along the sunny Californian coast next to the sparkling ocean. Although you’ll be eager to get on the road, there shouldn’t be any rush, so make sure you take advantage and stop in some of the spectacular locations that dot the west coast.
Read all about: One-way Trip from Los Angeles to Seattle
Info guide to Italian culture and customs
Italy is a mix of many different cultures and traditions you’ll discover while driving through. Depending on the region, town, or city you are staying in you’ll come across all types of people, accents, local dialects, customs and cuisines, and while some stereotypes we all have about Italians can be seen, it is importantissimo that you don’t let those ideas of Italy ruin your own unique experience! Try to really explore the culture, history, food and drink that comes from each place you visit around Italy! If you’re in Venice, why not try some Nero di Seppia (a delicious squid ink pasta dish) and save the Pasta Bolognese (actually called Tagliatelle al Ragú in its home city) for your trip to Bologna?
Here are some important tips on basic customs and etiquette to follow when travelling in Italy
- When you meet an Italian for the first time you normally shake hands. Depending on the circumstances, you generally greet with kisses on the cheek (starting with left cheek to left cheek, then the right) the next time you meet. Do the same when saying goodbye. In the north it’s less of a must to kiss literally everyone before leaving, but as you go farther south, make sure to properly greet and say goodbye to everyone!
You can drive a Ford Expedition out of most of our Sixt rent a car locations in the US to add some power and comfort to your journey. Rent a Ford Expedition and choose from our selection of models, all of which are up-to-date and no more than six months old. So, if you’re itching to try the latest Ford Expedition we will set you up with a great deal, complete with the extra features of your choosing, to make your trip with your Ford Expedition rental perfect.
Ford Expedition Rental in the USA with Sixt. Done!
This SUV stays true to its description inspiring “confidence and comfort.” Rent a Ford Expedition with Sixt and ride smoothly and securely!
The Advantages of Renting a Ford Expedition
- If you’re looking for an SUV with power, comfort, and style look no further. Whether you want to take the family on a camping or road trip or drive through the city, you can do it with confidence when you rent a Ford Expedition.
- The Ford Expedition comes with Control Trac 4-Wheel drive, so even if you’re driving through the snow, towing a boat, or hauling your belongings to a new location, the Ford Expedition is well up to the task!
- In addition, the Ford Expedition has a comfortable and roomy interior and is able up to seat seven passengers, along with six pieces of luggage and anything else you might need.
- Another great feature on the Ford Expedition is the Integrated Trailer Break Controller, allowing for smooth breaking, even when towing something heavy! The driving experience gets even better when you include the independent rear suspension, making your ride smooth and seamless.
Road trips can be such memorable experiences. Travel by car offers individuals access to many local attractions, eateries and breathtaking scenery that may be missed using other modes of transportation. The employees at Sixt rent a car understand this and have a large array of vehicles available to accommodate any budget or wish list. World-class customer service combined with innovative technologies makes renting from Sixt easy so you can get going fast.
- Now the customers are able to book a free one-way car rental from Las Vegas to LAX from 7 July – 30 August 2014
Pullach, 7. July 2014 – Sixt continues its global expansion: The international mobility service provider has extended its presence in the Caribbean with new locations in Puerto Rico and Curaçao offering a broad range of services in these well-known travel destinations. Sixt will be cooperating with experienced and strong franchisees on both of these islands.
In Puerto Rico, Sixt opened a new rental location at San Juan airport. The high-standard fleet in Puerto Rico includes Economy and also Premium vehicles such as the new Mercedes C-Class. As American travelers are the most important customer group for tourism on the island, further locations as well as a new flag-ship location at the airport are planned for 2015. The opening in Puerto Rico is part of the expansion strategy of Sixt in North America.
As of today on the Caribbean island of Curaçao, customers can also use the service of the new Sixt location at the airport of the capital Willemstad. A fleet of small and midsize vehicles, SUVs and 7-seaters are available. In addition, Sixt in Curaçao has opened three further locations in the city center as well as the hotel resorts Papagayo and Sunscape. Curaçao is one of the most important destinations for European travelers in the Caribbean.
Read all about: Sixt continues expansion in the Caribbean
Sixt rent a car wins two awards from Business Traveller Awards for “Best Car Rental in Germany” and “Best Car Rental for business”
Munich / Frankfurt am Main, July 4, 2014 – Sixt has recieved two awards from the biggest German travel magazine, “Business Traveller Magazine” as the “Best Car Rental in Germany” and “Best Car Rental for business”. Sixt received once again these prestigious “Business Traveller Awards”