Am I required to take the insurance?
When you rent a car with Sixt you have a range of insurance coverage plans for rental car that will allow you to breathe easy during your travels.
Sixt has a basic insurance policy that comes with each rented vehicle. All Sixt rental cars come with Third Party Liability, which covers bodily injury and property damage, in accordance with the legal requirements of the country of rental.
However, Sixt highly recommends that you put additional insurance on your rental car to save you the worry. You have some options to choose from including the Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) and the Collision Damage Waiver (CDW).
- The LDW insurance will give you coverage in case of damage or theft of the rental car. If you are able to provide Sixt with the keys and the situation was not the fault of recklessness on behalf of the driver, Sixt will waive your responsibility. In some cases this insurance is included automatically.
- The CDW insurance further reduces the driver’s liability should any damages be incurred on the vehicle. Other insurance options include the Tire and Glass Waiver, which is not included in other insurance plans and covers any damages to the tires or glass on the vehicle.
Sixt is excited to be taking part of the GBTA in Los Angeles
You will be able to find Sixt at booth number 1157 at GBTA Los Angeles.. It will be hard to miss Sixt at this event with several advertisements on display
- A show car in the entrance hall, a luxury Corvette
- An eye-catching electric BMW i3 series
- Other Advertisements located throughout the event
Here are a few photos from the event.
Clam Chowder anyone?
When you travel abroad you will often be asked (especially in countries with illustrious cuisines) if there are any typical dishes from the US. Usually this question is posed a little haughtily, and usually you find yourself mentally sorting through an array of hamburgers, calorie drenched, deep-fried [insert food], or mac and cheese variants to try and find a legitimate, non-stereotypically American dish.
In fact, a traditional American cuisine does exist, and not all of it will make your cholesterol skyrocket just thinking about it. Just like the makeup of America itself, the food has been shaped by influences from immigrant cultures, making for some interesting culinary combinations to excite your taste buds. Depending on the town, city, state, or even region, the same dish might be made in different ways, sometimes even leading to bitter rivalries, such as in 1939 when Maine introduced a bill that would make it illegal to put tomatoes in clam chowder.
But, let’s get back to the food. In this chapter we’re all about Clam Chowder. It turns out, there are quite a few types of chowder to be found up and down the East Coast, and each type has its own recipe and history.
Lotus Elise S CR Rentals in Switzerland with Sixt rent a car
Sixt in Switzerland comes up with a new special car for their customers. Their two brand new Lotus Elise S CR are waiting to be released to the roads.
- The orange and toxic green runabouts have 220 PS, only need 4,6 seconds to get from 0 to 100 km/h and have a maximum speed of 234 km/h.
You can rent a Lotus Elise S CR Today in Geneva and Zurich. So if you are looking to rent a sports convertible car, look no further and contact Sixt today!
One-way rental from Los Angeles (LAX) to Seattle
Taking a road-trip is a fundamental to truly experiencing the United States. The immensity of this country, with its spectacular diverse natural beauty from geological formations to coastlines, makes driving from one sparkling city to another an unforgettable journey. Whether you are traveling for pleasure whilst visiting the west coast, or are planning to relocate up north to Seattle, Sixt has a car rental solution for you. You can simply rent a car from a Sixt office in Los Angeles and drive it all the way up to Seattle, leaving it at the Sixt Seattle office, without having to arrange for it to be sent back. If you are flying into Las Angeles and need a rent a car at the Airport to drive to Seattle then Sixt is your car rental company for this one way road trip!
Driving up the west coast is truly an unbeatable experience. Start your trip out from the City of Angels and head up the coast on the scenic route 1. There’s nothing quite like driving along the sunny Californian coast next to the sparkling ocean. Although you’ll be eager to get on the road, there shouldn’t be any rush, so make sure you take advantage and stop in some of the spectacular locations that dot the west coast.
Read all about: One-way Trip from Los Angeles to Seattle
Info guide to Italian culture and customs
Italy is a mix of many different cultures and traditions you’ll discover while driving through. Depending on the region, town, or city you are staying in you’ll come across all types of people, accents, local dialects, customs and cuisines, and while some stereotypes we all have about Italians can be seen, it is importantissimo that you don’t let those ideas of Italy ruin your own unique experience! Try to really explore the culture, history, food and drink that comes from each place you visit around Italy! If you’re in Venice, why not try some Nero di Seppia (a delicious squid ink pasta dish) and save the Pasta Bolognese (actually called Tagliatelle al Ragú in its home city) for your trip to Bologna?
Here are some important tips on basic customs and etiquette to follow when travelling in Italy
- When you meet an Italian for the first time you normally shake hands. Depending on the circumstances, you generally greet with kisses on the cheek (starting with left cheek to left cheek, then the right) the next time you meet. Do the same when saying goodbye. In the north it’s less of a must to kiss literally everyone before leaving, but as you go farther south, make sure to properly greet and say goodbye to everyone!
You can drive a Ford Expedition out of most of our Sixt rent a car locations in the US to add some power and comfort to your journey. Rent a Ford Expedition and choose from our selection of models, all of which are up-to-date and no more than six months old. So, if you’re itching to try the latest Ford Expedition we will set you up with a great deal, complete with the extra features of your choosing, to make your trip with your Ford Expedition rental perfect.
Ford Expedition Rental in the USA with Sixt. Done!
This SUV stays true to its description inspiring “confidence and comfort.” Rent a Ford Expedition with Sixt and ride smoothly and securely!
The Advantages of Renting a Ford Expedition
- If you’re looking for an SUV with power, comfort, and style look no further. Whether you want to take the family on a camping or road trip or drive through the city, you can do it with confidence when you rent a Ford Expedition.
- The Ford Expedition comes with Control Trac 4-Wheel drive, so even if you’re driving through the snow, towing a boat, or hauling your belongings to a new location, the Ford Expedition is well up to the task!
- In addition, the Ford Expedition has a comfortable and roomy interior and is able up to seat seven passengers, along with six pieces of luggage and anything else you might need.
- Another great feature on the Ford Expedition is the Integrated Trailer Break Controller, allowing for smooth breaking, even when towing something heavy! The driving experience gets even better when you include the independent rear suspension, making your ride smooth and seamless.
Road trips can be such memorable experiences. Travel by car offers individuals access to many local attractions, eateries and breathtaking scenery that may be missed using other modes of transportation. The employees at Sixt rent a car understand this and have a large array of vehicles available to accommodate any budget or wish list. World-class customer service combined with innovative technologies makes renting from Sixt easy so you can get going fast.
- Now the customers are able to book a free one-way car rental from Las Vegas to LAX from 7 July – 30 August 2014
Pullach, 7. July 2014 – Sixt continues its global expansion: The international mobility service provider has extended its presence in the Caribbean with new locations in Puerto Rico and Curaçao offering a broad range of services in these well-known travel destinations. Sixt will be cooperating with experienced and strong franchisees on both of these islands.
In Puerto Rico, Sixt opened a new rental location at San Juan airport. The high-standard fleet in Puerto Rico includes Economy and also Premium vehicles such as the new Mercedes C-Class. As American travelers are the most important customer group for tourism on the island, further locations as well as a new flag-ship location at the airport are planned for 2015. The opening in Puerto Rico is part of the expansion strategy of Sixt in North America.
As of today on the Caribbean island of Curaçao, customers can also use the service of the new Sixt location at the airport of the capital Willemstad. A fleet of small and midsize vehicles, SUVs and 7-seaters are available. In addition, Sixt in Curaçao has opened three further locations in the city center as well as the hotel resorts Papagayo and Sunscape. Curaçao is one of the most important destinations for European travelers in the Caribbean.
Read all about: Sixt continues expansion in the Caribbean
Sixt rent a car wins two awards from Business Traveller Awards for “Best Car Rental in Germany” and “Best Car Rental for business”
Munich / Frankfurt am Main, July 4, 2014 – Sixt has recieved two awards from the biggest German travel magazine, “Business Traveller Magazine” as the “Best Car Rental in Germany” and “Best Car Rental for business”. Sixt received once again these prestigious “Business Traveller Awards”
Independence Day in LA
For people visiting the Los Angeles area during Independence Day, there are many celebrations and festivals to see. This is an exciting time to be in Southern California, as the entire city and surrounding areas are in celebration mode. Let’s look at a few of the possibilities you can choose from.
- If you want to see one of the area’s most impressive fireworks displays, you shouldn’t miss the 4th of July AmericaFest at the Rose Bowl. This is being held at Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena. There are festivities all day long, but the fireworks begin at around 9 pm.
- Another exciting Independence Day celebration is being held at Grand Park in downtown Los Angeles. This is a block party featuring fireworks and pyrotechnics. You can find the main stage and viewing area between Spring Street and Grand Avenue. This is a free celebration that the whole family will enjoy.
- The famous Hollywood Bowl is holding a three-day July 4th celebration. This event, which runs from July 2-4, features celebrities such as the Steep Canyon Rangers and Steve Martin, with a fireworks display each night. If you are interested in attending, you should get tickets as soon as possible.
Sixt Europe Travel Guide – Milan
Europe blog month has come to an end and our last destination is Milan. Milan is one of the fashion capitals of the world and the second-most populous city in Italy, thus the capital of its region, Lombardy. There are an abundance of attractions to be appreciated in the renaissance city. I hope you agree with Sixt’s last choice of this superb city.
Sixt Europe Travel Guide – Bordeaux
Bordeaux is a French city located in the south west of France and is often nicknamed “La perle d’Aquitaine” which means the Pearl of Aquitaine, or “La Belle Endormie” which is translated as Sleeping Beauty and is the 9th largest city in France with a population of 239,157 as of 2010. So, here are Sixt’s guide of the best things to do while in Bordeaux.
Sixt Europe Travel Guide – Lauterbrunnen
Located in the Swiss Alps, Lauterbrunnen directly translated means ‘many fountains’ and the valley itself is one the biggest nature conservation sites in Switzerland. This is the smallest municipality on our list with a population of just 2,470!
For appreciators of natural beauty, Lauterbrunnen is the place for you, with over 70 waterfalls and Switzerland’s highest mountains, the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau as well as beautiful lakes and meadows to keep you busy. The most famous of its 72 waterfalls is the Staubbach Falls which has one the highest free-falling waterfalls in Europe, falling from almost 300m. In the winter, Lauterbrunnen is also great for ski enthusiasts as it is home to numerous cross country ski trails as well as hiking routes. And with Switzerland being the birthplace of skiing, you will not be disappointed by the exemplar slopes.
Read all about: Europe Travel Month – Day 28: Lauterbrunnen
Sixt Europe Travel Guide – Bucharest
First mentioned in documents in 1459, makes this Romanian capital a relatively new city. It is now considered the center of art, culture and media in Romania and is often referred to as ‘little Paris‘ due to the sophisticated architecture developed between the two world wars.
Bucharest is a great city for wandering around, whether this be with the free, informative walking tours in which you can get insiders information and a comprehensive history about this fantastic city from the locals where you can join and leave at your discretion. The tours range from topics such as “Discover little Paris” and “Communism to democracy“.