Free vehicle upgrade for bookings in Israel
This offer is only applicable for online bookings on this page offer only available at SIXT Israel locations. Booking period Aug. 5 – Oct. 28, 2013; rental period Aug. 25 – Oct. 28, 2013; offer subject to availability; other promotions and corporate rates are excluded from the discount; discount only for cars and special cars reservations; discounts based on standard rate; this offer is subject to change without notice; all rentals are subject to Sixt standard terms and conditions.
In order to be able to get the upgrade please print out and bring this voucher with you to the counter.
Best Things to do in Israel
With a population of just over 7 million, Israel is the 100th smallest country in the world. Israel is home to diverse landscapes, historical attractions, excellent cuisine and outstanding shopping opportunities. If you are visiting this beautiful country, here are 10 things to do.
- The Western Wall: This holy wall is the most sacred location for the Jews. This magnificent structure, located in Jerusalem, contains enormous ancient stones and is the supporting wall of the temple mount.
- The Dead Sea: Situated 1,300 feet below sea level, this interesting body of water is the lowest point in the world. You can rub yourself in mud and dive into the water. You can then float effortlessly. It is located about an hour and a half from Jerusalem, so you can visit 3x Sixt car rental to get to the site.
- Church of the Holy Sepulcher: This sacred church is considered to be the location where Jesus was crucified, and it is the site where he was also buried. It is known to Christians as the most holy site on the planet.
- Mount of Olives: This hill offers stunning views of Jerusalem. Numerous biblical events are said to have taken place on the mount. You can visit the site by taking a 3x Sixt rent a car.
- Camel Market: Situated in Tel Aviv, this outdoor market is home to amazing fresh produce, clothing, antiques and other souvenirs. It is a great place to experience the sights and sounds of Israel. You can rent a car at 3x Car Rentals, and you can access the market by taking Allenby Street.
- Dome of the Rock: Located in the Temple Mount, this sacred shrine is thought to be the place where Abraham brought Isaac as a sacrifice. It is a beautiful piece of architecture built in 691. Abraham, Solomon, David and Jesus are thought to have prayed at this fascinating shrine.
- Sea of Galilee: This freshwater lake is the location where much of the ministry of Jesus took place. While at the lake, you can enjoy visiting one of the water parks in the area, or you can ride around the lake in a floating restaurant.
- Masada: This amazing palace was built by Herod the Great. It overlooks the Dead Sea, so it offers stunning views. You can hike up to the site or take an incredible cable car ride.
- Eilat: This resort town is located on the southernmost tip of Israel. While visiting the city, you can explore the waters of the Red Sea. Eilat is home to breathtaking beaches, quality accommodations, lively nightlife and scrumptious cuisine. Some of the most popular things to do include kite surfing, scuba diving and snorkeling.
- Israel Museum: Situated in Jerusalem, this interesting museum houses biblical artifacts, Dead Sea scroll collections and prehistoric works of art. It is an educational experience.